Time distance and speed formulas and shortcuts for bank examsTime distance and speed formulas and shortcuts for bank exams:On an average you can found 2-3 question on Time ,distance and speed in every bank exams.By understanding few formulas and shortcuts you can score full mark from this section.We have provided main formulas and shortcuts of time,distance and speed for IBPS Clerk and PO exams.
- If ratio of speed of two moving object is a:b, then ratio between times taken for covering same distance is b:a.
- If two objects A and B moving in opposite direction from two different places reach at common point in t1 and t2 hrs respectively Then Speed of A:Speed of B=sqrt(t2/t1)
- average speed=total distance/total time taken.
- If a moving object covers a certain distance with a speed of x km/hr and again covers same distance with a speed of ykm/hr, then average speed is 2xy/(x+y).
- If a moving object covers a certain distance with a speed of x km/hr and again covers same distance with a speed of ykm/hr and again with zkm/hr,then average speed is=3xyz/(xy+yz+xz)
Points to be noted while doing 'train and time' problems
- If two trains are travelling in same direction ,then their relative speed is equal to difference of their speeds.Then Time taken by the fast train to cross the slower train is =Sum of lengths of both trains/difference of their speed
- If two trains are travelling in opposite direction ,then their relative speed is equal to sum of their speeds.Then time taken to pass one another is =Sum of lengths of both trains/sum of their speed.
- when a train is clearing a pole or a point, then distance covered by train is equal to its length
- When a train is covering a platform or bridge or tunnel ,then distance covered by train is equal to sum of the length of train and the length of platform/tunnel/bridge.
- When a moving train crosses another train, then distance covered is equal to sum of lengths of both trains.
Boat and stream problems
- If speed of stream=xkm/hr and speed of boat in still water is ykm/hrthen speed of boat in downstream=x+y km/hr speed of boat in upstream=y-x km/hr
- If speed of boat in upstream and speed of boat in down stream is given then, speed of boat in still water=1/2(speed in upstream+speed in downstream) speed of stream=1/2(Speed in downstream - speed in upstream)
Hope you will find this article on Time distance and speed shortcuts for bank po/clerk exams.Like us on fb and share this on social media.
[Related Tags:time speed and distance concepts,speed time distance problems shortcuts,time speed and distance shortcuts cat,time speed and distance shortcuts pdf,time and distance shortcuts for ssc,time and distance shortcuts tricks in hindi,time and distance shortcuts for bank exams,shortcuts for time and distance aptitude problems]